The science of deep recovery
We tell every client: regardless of your sport, if what you do after a tough workout or the big finish is just a huge meal and a long nap, you’re missing out on the exceptional training benefits of deep recovery.
Deep recovery supports your training in three ways:
- Faster conversion of newly-learned athletic skills to instantaneous, automatic responses
- Accelerated reconditioning of fatigued muscles and stressed joints from increased circulation and reduced inflammation
- Early correction of pain or discomfort from biomechanical, overuse, misalignment and imbalance issues that can jeopardize an entire season of training and competition
Sports-specific training + sports-specific recovery = sports-specific results.
Deep Recovery Protocols
Our deep recovery techniques integrate the latest research-based protocols, including targeted cryotherapy, targeted trigger point massage, assisted myofascial stretching and high-performance taping techniques.
- Promote circulation and reduce inflammation following tough workouts or a long season of games or races
- Enhance your body’s neuromuscular response following training so your brain and body assimilate new skills faster
- Accelerate recovery from lingering training or race season issues like sprains, strains, tendinitis, plantar fasciitis, shin splints, and hamstring pulls
- Restore strength and agility as quickly as possible after intensive training or an injury, to avoid the loss of conditioning and reaction time
- Reduce or eliminate swollen joints, inflammation, muscle pain, tightness and accumulated “knots” from months of training and competition
- Reduce overuse and training injury risk and inflammation
- Retrain your body to move confidently and in proper alignment after injury or pain
Musculoskeletal & Joint Protocols
Our chiropractors adjust musculoskeletal imbalances and restore proper alignment for correct sport-specific form and optimal performance. They’ll also advise on how you can protect your body’s alignment.
- Protect the flexibility and mobility your sport requires for top performance
- Resolve misalignment before it contributes to problems like rotator cuff injuries, IT band syndrome, pitchers elbow, and other issues
- Address lower back or neck pain that emerges towards the end of your workouts, races and games
- Reduce or eliminate pain that puts your training on hold, like numbness from cycling, shoulder and elbow pain when throwing or swinging, etc.
Not sure what you need?
Our recovery specialists will be happy to advise you. Just call (973) 339-0130.